Parking Passes. Will There be Enough?

Freshmen year, the excitement is on for the glorious permit. Sophomore year, a license and a hope for a car. Junior year, the need for a car. Lastly Senior year, where the students just can’t wait any longer to get out of school. Even people 50 years ago were excited about getting their license. There is however for Chatfield Senior High School a small problem, parking passes. Parking passes are used to help pay for snow plowing and the care of the parking lot. There are about 650 parking spots in the Chatfield parking lot. There are currently over 650 parking passes sold for the sole reason that “everyone on any given day doesn’t show up to school or bring their car” (Dan the security guard).  There are about 25-30 parking passes left that they sell for the 2019-2020 school year. According to the principal Mr. Broer the junior and senior class combined is about 800 kids “we bank on not every kid getting a parking pass between the junior and senior class”.  Already Chatfield is at a loss for parking and Jefferson County doesn’t plan on letting Chatfield change the parking lot format because as Mr.Broer said “we only have a fine amount of land.”. Even with the format not being the greatest students can still park and move their car. That’s what counts.  The essential question will we run out? has already happened. Whether or not the parking lot being completely full every day for the 2020-2021 school year or the 2021-2022 school year is up to the students themselves. If they each get a car and bring one then Chatfield will run out. The recommended solution is carpool. If you have any more questions about this topic talk to security or to their principal.