What Spring Tryouts Mean to Chatfield

Tryouts, a time where the nerves and energy are immense. Blood pumpin, muscles working activities filled with high end decisions and worried students. Springs Tryouts are now underway. Spring tryouts to any school may be important but for Chatfield Senior High School springs tryouts are the real deal. The sports that compete for the spot in the team are Lacrosse (boys and girls), Girls soccer, guys Swim and Dive, Track and Field, Baseball and boys Volleyball. These teams represent Chatfield Senior High and they try their hardest to make sure they are the best of the best.

Track and Field even though not a cut sport still has tryouts to one experience the sport if they haven’t tried it before and two for the coaches to figure out what each person’s strong suits are. Olivia, who wanted to keep her last name private, comments on what Track and Field is like, “As a Freshman I thought it would be really hard but everyone loves the sport and we all work each other really hard so it’s like a big family

Lacrosse for boys and for girls is the team to be in right now. Each time has had some fall backs the past couple years but recently the teams have been amping it up. The guys lacrosse team have been working their butts off on and off the field. They have complex workouts and meet up on their off days to practice and get better. The girls team has been fewer in numbers recently but with new efforts they have acquired new players and are working to become the best of the best.

Chatfield Senior High School is working hard to amp up new incoming players and to become the best of the best again. Spring is coming fast and so are these sports. Remember to visit games and check out scores on the chattymatters.com home page.

Statistic Links on why more and less people are playing sports:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/253577/number-of-monthly-active-instagram-users/

https://www.statista.com/statistics/189548/daily-engagement-of-the-us-population-in-leisure-and-sports/